Monday, November 7, 2011

Billionaire's Farm Buys some Swallow-Bellied Mangalitsa Pigs

Swallow-bellied Mangalitsa sow

I recently sold some Swallow-Bellied Mangalitsa breeding stock to a billionaire.

The people I dealt with are his farmers. He owns that they run for him.

When talking with one of the farmers, I asked who the guy was. She explained, "he owns such-and-such company". If I told you the name of the company, you'd recognize it; they've got locations all over the USA.

Besides breeding Mangalitsa pigs, the owner also breeds thoroughbred racehorses.

I think it is great that when thoroughbred racehorse breeding billionaires want to raise pigs, they choose the best: Swallow-Bellied Mangalitsa.*

Also, I'm a bit horrified to note that I've been writing "Swallow-belly Mangalitsa" for years now, when, according to the pig references, the term is "Swallow-bellied Mangalitsa". It makes sense: we say "red-blooded American" and not "red-blood American".


* I can't help but be reminded of Ordell in Quentin Tarantino's "Jackie Brown", talking about how the AK-47 is the best gun (NSFW!)

No comments: