Monday, August 15, 2011

George House & Mangalitsa Pizza


I met with George House of Csarda Haz. He was in Seattle.


I said we could go to Monsoon and get Mangalitsa neck, or to Serious Pie, where some of the pizzas might have cured Mangalitsa products on them.*

He chose Serious Pie, so we met there and got the soft egg and guanciale pizza. It was great. We had a lot of fun.

Csarda Haz was my first customer for breeding stock. They've grown their pigs out and had their first litters.

The put some videos up on YouTube, which I've embedded:


The pigs sure are fun to watch.



I'm looking forward to visiting Csarda Haz when they've got products and tasting them.


*When I go to Serious Pie, I ask the chef which pizzas have Mangalitsa products. In the past I've asked the servers, but sometimes they don't know, or they say different things than what the chefs say. That's just how things are.

No comments: