Monday, December 21, 2009

Bob del Grosso on Wooly Pigs Brand Bacon

Foods in Season, in addition to distributing our Mangalitsa to high-end chefs across the USA, recently created an online store, so they can take retail orders from around the USA and ship people our products like bacon and lard.

Although you can't order lard right now, Foods in Season will have that in place very soon.

As someone with experience with information systems, I thought I'd better test the new store, which has already been improved since I wrote about the experience.

To test the store, I ordered up a bunch of bacon, sending it to:
Foods in Season shipped the product to them. Bob del Grosso was even nice enough to blog about it.

They all liked it.

I'm not surprised. I don't think there's a better bacon for sale online. It was great to be able to sit in front of a computer, type a bit and press some buttons - and set in motion the automatic delivery of Wooly Pigs brand bacon to these people.

I'm glad people are so happy with the products - this is only our second batch of Mangalitsa bacon, and just the first batch to include the cured loin. Selling stuff to people is a great way to get feedback so we can make better products in the future.

No comments: